Effective date: October 24, 2017
Welcome to YAPAK ("YAPAK" "we," "us" or "our"). YAPAK provides a fast, beautiful and fun way for you to share comments, stories and feedback through our content-sharing platform.
· Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the multimedia platform ("Users").
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
· Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for a YAPAK account.
· Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, birthdate, gender, picture, mobile number, and email address).
· User Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the platform.
· Communications between you and YAPAK. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
· We use analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the platform. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
· Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage and/or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
· When you use our Platform, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the platform.
· When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by YAPAK.
· A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third-party partner about how you browse and use the platform and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the platform may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
· Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
· Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive. If you geotag your photo or tag your photo using other's APIs then, your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo and searchable
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
· help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
· remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
· provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
· provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Platform
· develop and test new products and features
· monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
· diagnose or fix technology problems
· automatically update the YAPAK website and/or application on your computer and/or device
· YAPAK or other Users may run contests, special offers or other events or activities ("Events") on the Platform. If you do not want to participate in an Event, do not use the particular Metadata (i.e. hashtag or geotag) associated with that Event.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside YAPAK (or the group of companies of which YAPAK is a part) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
· We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that YAPAK is part of, or that become part of that group ("Affiliates"). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences). But these Affiliates will honor the choices you make about who can see your photos and/or information.
· We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Platform to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
· We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
· We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
· Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Platform, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set.
· Subject to your profile and privacy settings, any User Content that you make public is searchable by other Users and subject to use under our YAPAK platform.
· If you remove information that you posted to the Platform, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Platform, or if other Users or third parties using the YAPAK Interface have copied or saved that information.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
· We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the Philippines where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
· Your information collected through the Platform may be stored and processed in the Philippines or any other country in which YAPAK its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
· YAPAK, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
· We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, YAPAK cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to YAPAK or guarantee that information on the Platform may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
· Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and YAPAK, at all times.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and privacy settings:
· Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your privacy settings.
· Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
How long we keep your User Content:
· Following termination or deactivation of your account, YAPAK, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
HOW TO CONTACT US